Church Community Builder (CCB) is the main communication tool that we use at MVCC. It is the way we communicate, keep updated on events happening each week, find people (church directory), coordinate needs with groups, do our giving records, and much more! Because of the benefit CCB provides for communicating and organizing the church body at MVCC, we ask that everyone who considers MVCC to be their church to use CCB and at the minimum, keep their profile up-to-date as outlined below.
This tool is best maximized when people keep their profiles up-to-date, including –
- Keeping your information (phone, email, address, etc) up to date
- Uploading a current photo
- Joining Groups on CCB that you are part of in the church, such as your LifeGroup and ministries you are currently involved with
- Setting your communication settings so that you are being notified and regularly checking emails from CCB to make sure you do not miss important and time sensitive messages
Helpful Tips for Using CCB
See the topics below for helpful tips for using CCB. If you need further help, please contact us or call the church office at 970.490.2262.
Logging in for the First Time
- You will receive an email titled “New Login Created” from Mountain View Community Church at the email address you used on your Welcome Card or signed up for CCB with.
- In this email, your email address will be displayed as a clickable link. Click on your email address in the message and it will bring you to the page to set your password. You pick and set your password on this page, you are not sent a password. Be sure to keep the password somewhere secure that you can reference when logging in.
- Click Submit to set your password.
- It will redirect you to the Login screen where you will enter your email address and password.
- You will then be logged on to CCB.
You have been added to the system as a “Limited Access User” which allows you to be part of the online community but not having the full capabilities of the system. Learn more about “Limited Access Users” and gaining further access to CCB.
Setting up or updating your profile
To Setup or Update your Profile:
- Click on the circle containing your initials in the top right corner.
- This will bring up your profile.
- Click the “Edit Profile” button in the middle of the page.
- This will bring up a new screen to set up your profile.
- We ask that everyone who is part of MVCC fill out the “Contact” section (email, phone number, mailing address), including uploading a profile picture.
- Once you have updated your information, be sure to click “Save” on the bottom.
Adjusting your communication settings
It is important that your communication settings are properly set so that you receive important messages from your groups on CCB. To adjust your communication settings:
- Click on the circle containing your initials/picture in the top right corner.
- Click “Profile”
- Click the “Actions” button in the middle of the page.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Communication Preferences”
- This will bring up a new screen to set your settings
- Adjust your settings as appropriate for each group and for overall Church-Wide Communications.
- At a minimum, we highly recommend that you select to receive “Emails from Group Participants” for each group you are a part of and to receive “Important Church-Wide Emails”.
- Once you have updated your settings, be sure to click “Save Settings” at the bottom.
Finding someone on CCB / Church Directory
One of the main functions of CCB is to serve as a secure church-wide directory. *Please note, you must be a “Basic User” to access the Church Directory. If you do not see the “People” link on the left side bar, you are a “Limited Access User”. Please contact us to request that your account be upgraded to a Basic User.
To access the directory:
- Click on the “People” link on the left side bar of the home page of CCB. *Must be a “Basic User” to access this feature, see more about this above.
- Begin typing in the persons name you are searching for and then select their name from the drop-down window or hitting the search button when you are finished typing their name.
- This will bring up their Profile and display all visible information.
Joining a group on CCB
There are many groups on CCB that represent the different ministries & groups throughout MVC. The intention of CCB groups is that everyone who is currently part of a group is in that group on CCB. So, the primary purpose of joining a group on CCB is to be in the group on CCB that you are already part of.
If you are looking for ministries to join or to find out more about ministries at MVC, we recommend using our ministries page on the website.
To join a Group on CCB that you are part of:
- Click the “Groups” link in the left side bar of the home page of CCB.
- Begin typing in the Group’s name you are searching for and then select it from the drop-down window.
- This will bring up the Group profile and display all visible information, such as upcoming events.
- To request to join the group, click the “Request to Join” button on the right side bar of the screen.
- Once your request is approved by a leader of that ministry, you will be added to the group.
Give to MVCC through CCB
CCB can be used to give to MVCC – either through a One-Time gift, or through Repeating Gifts. Learn more about MVCC’s beliefs on giving.
To give to MVCC using CCB:
- Click on “Give” on the left side bar of the CCB Home Page.
- This will bring up the giving screen.
- Select either a “One-time Gift” or “Repeating Gift”.
- Select the Designation – typically “General”.
- Select your donation amount, frequency (if applicable), and stop date (if applicable).
- This will bring up a screen for your billing information and checking account or credit/debit card information.
- Be sure to check the Authorization Confirmation at the bottom of the screen and click on “Submit”
There are 3 ways to give electronically; ACH, Debit Card, or Credit Card. Please note that credit card transactions incur a 2.3% processing charge to the church. If possible, please give by ACH or Debit Card. If you do choose to give via credit card, please consider covering the 2.3% processing charge by increasing your gift to cover that charge.
Find your year-end giving statement
MVC uses CCB to provide you with your year-end giving statement each year. MVCC no longer sends a paper version of your year-end giving statement, however you can request one by contacting the church office. If you would like to request a paper version be mailed to you, contact us and request a paper version, or call Mindy at 970.490.2262×1.
To download your year-end giving statement from CCB:
- Login to CCB.
- Click on “Give” on the left side bar of the CCB home page.
- Once the Giving page loads, click on “Schedules / History” on the center of the screen.
- Then click on the “Giving Statement” button on the right side of the page.
- This will bring up a pop-up window. Select the options you would like, then click “Run Report” on the bottom.
- This will bring up a pdf of your giving statement that you can print or save to your computer.
CCB Security and adjusting your privacy settings
Church Community Builder (CCB) is a software we license and is designed to keep your information secure. To find out more about the programers efforts to keep your information secure, click here. We understand that keeping your information safe is very important. Information you put in CCB is only available to other CCB users, and you are able to adjust the level of access others have to your information. This is done by adjusting your Privacy Settings. To adjust your Privacy Settings:
- Click on your initials/picture on the top right corner.
- Click “Actions” in the middle of the page.
- From the drop down menu, select “Privacy”
- This will bring up a new screen to set your settings
- Adjust them to how you feel comfortable, however, we do recommend that you keep your profile as “Listed”
- Once you have updated your privacy settings, be sure to click “Apply” on the top.
I would like to request that my account be upgraded to a Basic User
When users are added, they are by default added as “Limited Access Users”. However, limited access users are just as they sound, limited-access. In order to be upgraded to a “Basic User” and have additional functionalities on your account, contact us or call the church office at 970.490.2262 and request that your account be upgraded to a “Basic User” account.
I no longer attend MVCC and would like to be removed from CCB
To be removed from CCB and future communications from Mountain View, please contact Mindy Gee and let her know your name and email address and request to be removed from CCB.
You can contact us or call the church office at 970.490.2262.