40 Days for Life Prayer
January 22nd, 2022 marked the 49th anniversary of the landmark Supreme Court decision of legalizing abortion for any reason by a 7-2 Justice vote. This decision has caused the deaths of over 64 million babies and has brought emotional and mental harm to an untold number of mothers. The pro-life movement has a once in a generation opportunity to have this decision, by God’s grace, overturned, with the Supreme Court making its ruling this June. If Roe v Wade is overturned, abortion rights will go back to each state and there is already a commitment in at least twenty-six states to completely outlaw abortion. Many other states will have the freedom to restrict abortion rights such as parental notification, required ultrasound, 48 hour waiting period after being given abortion counseling and fetal heartbeat or viability limits.
A couple of weeks ago, over 150,000 people from across our nation traveled to Washington DC to participate in the March For Life, an annual event to champion and support unborn life! As we enter 2022, our church has a great opportunity over the next four months to be an advocate for life through prayer, fasting, vigils and creating awareness to the damaging consequences of abortion.
We see the heart of God in Psalms 82:3, “do justice to the afflicted and needy.” What should be the safest place on the planet, the mother’s womb, is now filled with death and destruction. We know God is a Father who listens and answers prayers, so please be encouraged to join other believers across our community and country to pray for the protection of unborn lives, provision for pregnant mothers and the overturing of Roe v Wade.
Here are several ways to get involved in the battle for life:
- Sign up for the 40 Days for Life Campaign that begins March 2 and goes through April 10. The campaign encourages folks to join others on the public sidewalk in front of the Fort Collins Planned Parenthood to pray and stand vigil for an hour a day, week, or however much time you have available. If you are unable to come to the sidewalk, the second option is to sign up to pray from home. You can visit 40 Days for Life to get more information about our local campaign and sign up for prayer vigils.
- Consider fasting a meal or a day a week, crying out to God to rescue our nation and rid our land of abortion.
- Pray for The Alpha Center, our local Pregnancy Resource Center, whose mission/vision is to “serve our community by providing free services and education related to sexual health and to connect young adults to Jesus Christ by helping them align with God’s design for relationships and sexuality.”
- Consider reading the book, Fighting For Life, Becoming A Force For Change In A Wounded World by Lila Rose
- Sign up for pro-life updates and stories to stay informed at Get Involved | Live Action
- Be an ambassador for the unborn sharing with family, friends and neighbors the truths of abortion by visiting The SLED Test | Size. Level of Development. Environment. Degree of Dependency.
Over the years, God has used prayer warriors to save over 20,000 babies. In addition, 229 abortion workers have quit and 114 abortion centers have closed. By God’s grace, thousands of pregnant mothers have been encouraged to choose life for themselves and their babies! God is calling us to action, to live out the Gospel, “Rescue those being led away to death; hold back those staggering toward slaughter. If you say, ‘But we knew nothing about this,’ does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay everyone according to what they have done?” Proverbs 24:11-12
Let’s unite together so that the 50th anniversary of Roe v Wade is no longer!