Bible Reading Plan for MVC-March-May
We believe that during this time of social distancing it would be encouraging and unifying to be in the Word together as a church family. We are providing a 40 day (5 days per week) Reading Plan and encourage everyone to go through it – adults, students, and children. This will give a common experience so that as we connect together and can share with one another what God is teaching us. The MVC student ministries will also be encouraging students to do this so that families can have common ground for conversation around the Word. We are really excited for the fruit in our lives and the unity this can provide for us as individual families and as church family as well!
We will primarily study through books of the New Testament together, taking a chapter a day. We will also provide some additional resources around each book to help you go deeper in understanding of the Word. We would also encourage you to not only read the chapter but do a SOAP Devotional. This helps to get beyond just reading the Word to allowing the Word to transform us. If you have not done a SOAP Devotional, there are some resources to help you below.
How to do a SOAP Devotional:
- Watch a short video on how to do a SOAP Devotional
- SOAP Devotional Packet
- SOAP Devotional Template
- SOAP Devotional Template for Children
- Watch a short testimony of the impact of this devotional
- ESV Study Bible – if you do not have a good study Bible, www.esv.org offers a free 30 day trial. It has a wealth of tools for study. Click here for to compare subscription options.
- ESV Mobile App – Click here to find out more about the app.
- Blue Letter Bible: Free online Study tool – www.blueletterbible.org
Reading Plan for Monday May 16th – Friday May 22nd
- Bible Project – 2 Peter Overview
- Children’s Resources for Psalm 27
- Children’s Resources for 2 Peter
- Children’s Resources for Psalm 139
Reading Plan for Monday May 11th – Friday May 15th
We will take the next week to have our faith fueled by the book of 1 Thessalonians. This is a great book to help us in our suffering to walk in faith, holiness, and generosity. Great themes for where we find ourselves in this season!
- Bible Project – 1 Thessalonians Overview
- Sermon at MVC on the book of 1 Thessalonians
- Children’s Resources for 1 Thessalonians
Reading Plan for Thursday April 30th – Friday May 8th
Psalms and Colossians
We will take the next week to focus our eyes on the goodness and character of God. The Psalms will lead us beyond what we feel to what is real. The book of Colossians will help us to see Jesus accurately and encourage us in living out the reality of the Gospel as we worship Him appropriately. It is a great book to help us remember who we are in Christ!
- Bible Project – Colossians Overview
- Sermon Series at MVC on the book of Colossians
- Children’s Resources for Psalm 19
- Children’s Resources for Colossians
- Children’s Resources for Psalm 95
- Children’s Resources for Psalm 51
Reading Plan for Friday, April 24th – Wednesday, April 29th
Matthew Chapter 4-7
We will take the next 5 days to look at the Gospel of Matthew and study through the Sermon on the Mount. The first day will be learning how Jesus responded to temptation before teaching His longest recorded sermon on His upside down Kingdom!
- Kevin’s Introduction to Matthew 4-7
- Bible Project – Matthew Overview
- Sermon Series at MVC on the Sermon on the Mount
- Children’s Resources Matthew 4-7
Reading Plan for Wednesday, April 15th – Thursday, April 23rd
Psalms and the book of 1 Peter
We will bookend our next 7 days in the reading plan with the Psalms. The Psalms meet us where we are at… but take us to where we need to go! Psalms are a great place to worship God during this season. The book of 1 Peter will help us to know how the power of the resurrection helps us in our trials and hardships or today! Enjoy!!
- Kevin’s Introduction to the Psalms and 1 Peter
- Bible Project – Psalms Overview
- Bible Project – 1 Peter Overview
- Children’s Resources for Psalm 103
- Children’s Resources 1 Peter
Reading Plan for Friday April 3rd – Tuesday April 14th
Gospel of John
We will be in the Gospel of John as we prepare our hearts going into Passion Week. Take a look at the resources below to help you gain a greater understanding of the context of John.
- Watch Pastor Kevin’s Intro to Gospel of John Reading Plan
- Bible Project – John Overview (view part 2 of 2)
- For Good Friday: Gospel Project – Sacrifice and Atonement
- Children’s Resources for John 12-19
- Children’s Resources for Isaiah 53
- Children’s Resources for John 20-21
Reading Plan for Monday, March 30th – Thursday, April 2nd
As we begin this week in Philippians, please take a look at these two videos that will help you to get the most out of reading and studying this amazing book.