Skip to content
Clark Richardson – Genesis 14:17-24
- What stood out most to you from the message and why?
- Do you see the clear ways God powerfully keeps his promise to Abram (Genesis 12:1-3)? Are there specific ways you can see the same pattern in your own life?
- Making deals with the king of Sodom: What are the specific alternatives you are tempted to find rest in?
- How will you seek the Lord to continually turn your heart back to his lavish blessing and unfailing promise? Back to HIM!
- What are your heart responses to the truth that you have a great and sympathetic high priest in Jesus (your king of righteousness/king of peace)?
- In prayer, identify those “alternatives” you tend to look to for security and satisfaction in life. Confess them and ask God to realign your heart daily.
- Pray for God to help you see just how abundant and gracious he has been to you in Jesus. Give thanks for specifics.
- Ask God to enlarge your view of him as a perfect promise keeping and lavishly gracious God.
- Seek the Lord Most High to stir your affections and passion for him in new and fresh ways.
- Pray for us overall as a church, that we’d grow in greater love for Jesus Christ (“passionately loving him together”), our great, sympathetic, perfect, and eternal High Priest.