The Empty Pursuit of Money
Ecclesiastes 5:8 – 6:9
- Why do you think money is such a “taboo” topic in our culture and the church? How is our view of money often a window into our heart?
- Where have you seen examples of those with great wealth but still aren’t content or joyful?
- What is the problem with pursuing money as a means of joy and satisfaction?
- How can the hoarding of money reflect a wrong heart?
- What does it look like to be content with God’s provision? What do you think is the “secret” of being content?
- How can generosity and giving help you learn to be content with what you have?
- Thank God and worship Him for what He has provided for you.
- Pray for your contentment around your finances. Pray for the “gift of God” to enjoy what He has provided for you.
- Pray for opportunities to give toward Kingdom works or provide for those in need. If you are in a place of need, pray for boldness and humility to make that need known to others.