When All You Ever Wanted is Not Enough
- What stood out most to you from the sermon, and why?
- What are the marketing messages that we are fed everyday around the “pleasures” of this world?
- If you were to be honest, how would you answer this question: “for me to be happy and satisfied, I need ________”
- What good news comes from recognizing that nothing under the sun (apart from God) will ultimately ever fully satisfy you? What does this cause you to do?
- Read Psalm 16:11. What does this verse reveal?
- How can the wants and longings you have right now actually shift your gaze to look to Jesus?
- Ask God to help you replace your thirst for the things of this world with a greater thirst and joy that is found in Him.
- Confess the areas in your life that you are tempted to grasp for fulfillment in rather than looking to God for your joy and satisfaction.
- Acknowledge in prayer that God, the One who made you by Himself and for Himself, is what your soul really longs for.
- Pray for the ability to see the world as God sees the world.